Praise for Part-Time, Please!
"Considering the constant uncertaintly that encircles maternity leave for many, it's surprising how few guides address the topic head-on. Part-Time, Please! is a rough and ready but welcome addition... Fernandez does a stirling job of proving practical and legal advice for returners. There's help on everything from sorting out shift patterns to handling self-esteem issues, with insights from working mothers. An invaluable and endlessly encouraging boost for back-to-work mums."
People Management, magazine of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
"Entertaining, informative and supportive"
Dr Laura Lafave, mum and Chief Technical Officer
"Great and engaging read stuffed with useful practical tips and reassurance"
Helene Cooper, mum and Business Coach-Mentor
About Part-Time, Please!
It's what most new mums on maternity leave want to ask their employer! Written by a working mum for soon-to-be working mums, this experience based return to work guide offers practical advice, valuable insights and heaps of encouragement. 'Part-Time, Please!' helps you to:
- Know you are not alone in feeling anxious about going back to work
- Re-discover your professional self-confidence
- Learn from other mums about the pros and cons of different part-time working opatterns before you decide which to apply for
- Understand the flexible working application process
- Apply for part-time work in a professional manner
- Negotiate confidently with your manager
- Design your own return to work support progamme
Drawing upon her experience as a working mum, a senior manager and now a training consultant, Marianne Fernandez helps you to combat worry, guilt and dread so you are free to enjoy every last minute of your maternity leave and perform at your best back at work.
Available to buy online in paperback or e-book format via Amazon, Waterstones, Barnes & Noble and www.authorhouse.co.uk